Monday, October 13, 2008

Oak Glen Apple Orchard

















I LOVE FALL!! o.k. that being said we decided to do our favorite fall activity and go up to Oak Glen to the apple orchards. We picked the perfect day. It was a cool, crisp and dry day. We all had a blast. We started out at the petting zoo. I need to mention that 3 of my four children are terrified of petting zoos, total wusses. The only one that showed no fear was Ava. She was fascinated by all the animals especially the pot belly pig. Owen was pretty brave once he warmed up to the animals, Jack came face to face with a chicken and from that point on clung on to Devin like a spider monkey. Ethan avoided the whole situation by staying completely out of the petting zoo. After we were done torturing our children with various farm animals they got to sit on a fake horse, rope some fake cows, play in a fort and on a wagon. There was a small maze made out of hay. They played on that for at least an hour. Then we bought some fresh pressed apple cider and sat under the apple trees to enjoy it. We ended the day with a hay ride tour of the orchards. We never did pick any apples, we ran out of time, but it was a great day. At one point I was looking out at the view and sitting with my family and smelling the wonderful smell of the apple orchards and I realized how blessed I am. We may be crazy, but I wouldn't change any of us for anything!


*Sorry the pictures are out of order, I have a hard time figuring out this blog!!!










2 comments:

Jen Rose said...

I've had so much fun catching up on your blog! Your kids are so stinkin cute! And, the Halloween pictures are really super cute!

princessbride said...

Attack chicken! When we were at the LA County Fair, M got spooked by a rooster when it crowed as she was reaching out to pet it. I couldn't help but laugh, silently of course. :P