Tuesday, August 26, 2008

CHOC walk 2008

For those of you who don't know what Choc walk is, it's a fundraising walk to raise money for Children's Hospital of Orange County. Devin and the kids and I have been doing this walk every year since 2002, but this walk took on a new importance for us the year that Bailey died. The night that she passed away she was taken to CHOC to see if there was anything that they could do for her and they tried everything to save her. The doctors, the nurses, everyone was so kind to us and so gentle and loving to her. Now when we do this walk it means so much more.

CHOC does so much for the children in our community that are sick. It's important to help in anyway we can and this walk is a fun way to do it. We usually just walk by ourselves and I make us matching t-shirts, but his year I decided to create a team and have as many people walk with us as possible. Every year there are alot of teams and it is so cool to see groups of people wearing matching shirts and walking together for a child or in memory of a child. It is a very touching and humbling morning and we would like to share it with anyone who is interested in joining us. This is the link for our team,
http://www.chocforms.org/chocwalk/2008/Baileys_Memory_Team/ take a look and if you can join us or sponsor us let me know!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I want to do that with you! I know we are coming to California for
my *0Th birthday. That might be the weekend. I'll check my calendar

adairfamily said...

We want to help donate $ to your group let me know how I can make sure you get the credit.

Whitney said...

ummm.. can you update please? i know lots have been goin on... no excuses devins computer is broke... find a way!!!!!!