Wednesday, August 20, 2008

To preschool or not to preschool, that is the question!

I signed Jack up for preschool last April, and now as start time is coming closer I am starting to think twice about this. Today we got his paperwork with the name of his teacher, his classroom number and the start date. But is he ready? Both Ethan and Owen did two years of preschool and really enjoyed it and I could see the benefits of it, but Jack seems so much younger then they did when they started (he's actually older) I just can't make up my mind. So i've made a list of pros and cons.

PROS
1. He will grow socially
2. It's only 2 days a week
3. Ava will get alone time with me
4. He will finally have something that is just his.
5. It should help him with his lack of structure

CONS
1. I will miss him and I assume he will miss me
2. It is a little expensive
3.If he hates it then it will be a power struggle 2 days a week
4. HE'S MY BABY!!!!!!!!
5.We are still working on potty training.

UGHHHHHH I don't know what to do, what do you think?

5 comments:

Whitney said...

"let my people go!"

Amy said...

I am for sure not the one to answer this question!!!!
Hope you are well!

adairfamily said...

If you can afford it, it will be good for him and you. You can have a break for a few hours a week and only have one baby to focus on.

Brittney said...

I think that it is great. Let him go to school.

Judith Watkins said...

You know I don't take my kids to preschool, they have the rest of their lives to go to school and learn structure. As for social skills...I really don't think he'll have a problem since you already have play dates and moms clubs for him to hang out with other kids. if you decide not to put him in preschool don't feel guilty, he'll do great either way. way. :-)