Monday, July 7, 2008

What we learned on vacation






Most of you know (because most of you were there) that we just got back from our vacation to Utah. It was alot of fun and there is alot that I can write, but i'd probably just bore you with the details, so I decided to write a list of what we learned. There will be more pictures with my next post, I just have to wait for Devin to get home with his computer (another long story) so for now I just have these two pictures and "The List"


What Tiffany learned on vacation:

* It's possible for a child to ask "Are we in Nevada yet?" 400 times in one minute.

* Blueberry pancakes are worth waiting an hour for at IHOP.

* A queen size bed is not big enough for an adult and a three year old that never stops moving, even in his sleep.

* A fourth of July parade is not a parade without a 100 million ton tank driving down a rather small main street.

*Eating homemade taffy that was thrown off a make shift float will not kill you.

*All craft ideas start in Utah and get pretty diluted by the time they reach Southern California.

* Firework shows are so much better when it's 108 degrees at 10 at night and you have a trembling three year old curled up in your shirt.

*My grandparents are very interesting people that have lead very interesting lives.

*Uncle Jack was an alcholic, who would've guessed?

* Fishing is as barbarrack as I thought it was, yet so excting to see my boys catch their 1st fish, and then their second, the third got kind of boring and by the fourth and fifth I was ready to go. (See picture above)

* Sunblock is not as affective while fishing.

*Frying fish is easier then I thought, but I would have to be starving to actually try eating one!

*Everything tastes better when it is cooked in a dutch oven especially peach cobbler!

*Devin has an incredible blood supply in his chin.

*With a little creativity I am able to make a pretty good pressure bandage in a hotel room at 11:00 at night (See above picture)

* There is no such thing as to many scones.

* I do not know much about astronomy and making up answers no longer works.

* It takes 8 hours to get to Cedar City and 13 hours to get home.


What Devin learned on Vacation:

* Tiffany will wait an hour for blueberry pancakes

* Fishing is pretty easy at a 12 and under pond

* Wearing a helmet while riding quad runners is always a good idea.

*Chins can bleed alot!

*Someone always has to use the bathroom no matter how many times we stop.


What Ethan, Owen, and Jack learned on vacation:

*Mom will tell us when we get to Nevada, we can stop asking.

*Hotel beds are much more comfy if you jump on them before you lay down.

*Fishing with Daddy and Papa Casey is really fun, especially since they bait the hooks, cast the line and take the fish off the hooks.

*We are more afraid of blood then we thought.


* Mommy and Grandma DA are good cooks, but are not able to make fish sticks or sushi with the fish we caught


*Pretending to eat our good food, then filling up on junk food will result in a tummy ache every time.


*We shouldn't name a fish that we are going to eat, it's just weird


*Throwing rocks into a pond never gets old


*Fireworks aren't as scary when watched from the inside of mom's shirt (Jack)


*Wrestling in the back seat while driving on the freeway really makes mom and dad mad.





What Ava learned on vacation:


*My family is crazier then I originally thought!





We did have alot of fun and we all realized just how lucky we are to belong to such an amazing family. Nothing beats sitting in the circle in Kanaraville and connectiong with your roots. I feel blessed every day for my family and trips like this really make me remeber how lucky I am!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Sounds like a very fun, crazy, and full of learning vacation. That sums up all of our vacations too. I can definitely relate to the 8 hours to cedar and 13 hours back comment.