Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Owen



Owen turned 6 years old today! I have to brag for a minute and say that he is the coolest, kindest, most giving, easy to get along with child I have ever met. I am so thankful to have him as one of my children. I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father sent him to me to keep me sane!! Now usually this is were I would put that I can't believe he is six years old already, but not with Owen. He acts more like he's fifteen. Owen has always idolized teenage guys. Whenever he sees a guy with a mohawk or tattoos he tells me he wants to be just like them, I know, I am scared for his teenage years. Maybe he'll get it all out of his system while he is young, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. So for his birthday this year all he wanted was a skateboard, a real one, not a cheapy walmart one. In fact he asked for one with a skeleton or the devil on it, I was waiting for him to ask for his first tattoo as well, but luckily he just wanted the skateboard, i'm sure the tattoos will come later. He also wanted "cool skater clothes". That is what I absolutely love about Owen. He not only knows what cool is, but he IS cool. I was never a cool kid, so to give birth to one somehow makes me cool, right? O.k. maybe not. So back to Owen's birthday...We started the day with him opening his presents from Devin and I. We did get him a skateboard with a skeleton on it and a hat with a skull on it, because it looked cool. We went to Wendy's for lunch with Aunt Neenee and Emma because Owen LOVES the chicken nuggets they have there. Then we went and visited Nana and Papa. Grammy met us back at our house and brought Owen his own cake with his name on it and cupcakes for everyone else. I must say they were the best tasting cupcakes I have ever had! After a while we headed to chuck e cheese's for Owen's party. I was surprised at how well the party turned out since I am such a spazz that I never sent out invitations. I totally forgot to send them and then we went on vacation. So if you weren't invited, please don't be mad at me, you probably were invited I am just not as organized as I need to be, O.k. anyway...When we got home I asked him how his day was and he yelled, "AWESOME!" so I guess he had a good day. Now this officially closes birthday season for our house. We start the next season with Ava's first birthday, but that's not until April 2nd, so be ready!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Owen!!! Sorry I'm a little late...

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday! How did the blessings go? Can't wait to see the picures. Wished that you guys lived closer it would be so fun.

Jen Rose said...

Happy Birthday Owen! I can't believe how fast time flies. I remember when he wasn't even crawling yet! Scary! You have the cutest kids. Also, way cute pictures from Utah. I was sad we didn't get to see much of each other this year. I know there is always so much going on! Looks like you guys had a blast! Hope Devin is ok. You're a trooper with the sight of blood!

Post pictures from the blessings! Can't wait to see!

princessbride said...

Happy belated birthday Owen! I hear you on the "coolness factor" My son likes my husband's industrial/punk music. He calls it the "loud" music. Yes, my 5 year old son likes NIN and Korn.