Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bailey Annmarie Downs


I didn't post anything on Bailey's angel day because I didn't know what to write. Today I received my Bereaved parents newsletter and found this poem. I wanted to share it because I really liked it. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture. I took a picture of a picture and well you get the idea.


The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that

God was going to call your name.

In life we loved you dearly, in death

we do the same. It broke our hearts

to lose you, you did not go alone;

for part of us went with you,

the day God called you home.

You left us peaceful memories,

your love is still our guide and although

we cannot see you, you are always by our side.

Our family chain is broken,

and nothing seems the same.

but as God calls us one by one

the chain will link again.

2 comments:

princessbride said...

That is a beautiful poem!

Judith Watkins said...

what a sweet poem, it fits perfectly.