Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kids say the darndest things....

We have a little old lady that lives in our complex and absolutely LOVES Jack. She has always called him her baby. She is a little "off" but we have learned to love her. Well, today Jack and I were walking to the car and he insisted on bringing his comforter with him. If you know Jack you know why I didn't object. The only problem was it was dragging on the floor. So above mentioned old lady came over to help him. Speaking lovingly to him (in cuban) the whole time. We make our way to the car and after she walks away Jack looks at me and says.."My Grandma is crazy!" I cracked up and he says.. "mom it's not funny, shut the door my Grandma is crazy!" I don't think I have ever told him that she is not his grandma, I guess I should have!

Another funny thing that was said recently was last night. Ethan asked me who won the election and I told him Barack Obama. He got the saddest look on his face and said, "Oh poor Tim Shaw!" haha I spent the next hour explaining the different branches of government.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Both comments are so funny! Gotta love crazy Cuban Grandma' and how sweet that her cared about Tim Shaw - did Timmy win?

The Shaws said...

Your mom told me about this post. I guess Tim should stop by and visit with your kids, since he's so famous over there. Too funny

Tiffanyk10 said...

Shannon, they'd be thrilled! To have a real celebrity in their house! I should have introduced them at the Halloween party.

Fritters said...

I just came across your blog. you guys are too funny! I laughed really hard about both funny comments.

Whitney said...

oh man. i have the best nephews ever.

princessbride said...

I think it is a must of childhood to know at least one off-beat adult. So they can say -hey remember that little old lady who used to.......

Judith Watkins said...

Ahh crazy Cuban Mama. I didn't know Jack thought that was his grandma. How cute and funny! Now that I think about it, my kids think my Mom is weird too whe nshe speaks in Spanish.