Monday, October 4, 2010

Apple Orchards

We take the kids to the apple orchards every october. It's fun to have traditions to look forward to. The kids used to be terrified of the goats in the petting zoo, but as they get bigger, they get braver.
The fresh apple cider is sooo good. This year we got regular cider and we discovered raspberry apple cider, it was sooo good. Made from the fruit right there on the farm, the store bought kind never tastes good enough after you've tried the fresh kind.
Can you see the four cute faces peeking out of the log cabin?
They love to play on this old wagon and pretend to be pioneers. They played here for about an hour.
Owen climbed to the top of the log cabin and I snapped a picture right before the lady asked him to get down.
Sassy was so impressed with this tiny apple tree.
This is the spot I take all my christmas card pictures, so don't be surprised if you get this picture in the mail in December
Jack was keeping an eye on those crazy goats, but still smiled for the camera
This is one of my favorite traditions, it was rather hot this year, but we still had fun

2 comments:

magunn said...

That is awesome! Where is that at? I miss fresh apple cider ... especially during the fall. And by the way, I didn't know you were a la leche league leader! I am now putting you on my list of referrals.

Tiffanyk10 said...

This is where we go
http://www.oakglen.net/ We LOVE it there!